The redevelopment of the Upper Shops will give a much needed boost to an area that has become run down and difficult to let; however we do appreciate that a redevelopment of this size will bring disruption to the community, before it brings the benefits of the finished scheme; of course we’ll be working closely with Jehu to minimise the day to day disturbances.
However, we’re also looking at ways in which the community can benefit right now from the investment we’re making in Pentrebane. We have some ideas, listed below – but we’d also like to hear from you as to what we might be able to do, that would bring useful and sustainable benefits.
- Apprenticeship and work experience opportunities (see more on the ’employment’ page)
- Working with local schools – see more on the ‘education’ page
- Providing volunteers from Cadwyn and Jehu to work with a group of local volunteers on a project of your choosing
- Liaising with organisations eg Keep Wales Tidy to work with local volunteers on a project if your choosing
- Giving young people opportunities to develop their writing skills by contributing to this website
These are some ideas we’ve come up with – but it’s your community, so we’re looking to you to tell us what you need! Talk to us on Twitter or Facebook, or drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note if you have any specific questions or concerns about the project site, you should contact Site Manager Gary King or Project Manager Daimon Pengelly, on 01656 644500 or email@example.com.